APT MISSION STATEMENT
Arkansas Public Theater provides live theater experiences for audiences, performers and students, enhancing the Rogers Historic District and creating a regional destination.
Approved by Board in 2010; updated on 4.16.2014
The Victory Theater
The Victory Theater was designed by noted Rogers architect A.O. Clarke and opened in December 1927. The theater served as a community gathering place and was renovated several times as a movie and vaudeville theater before closing its doors in the early 1970s. In 2008, with generous help from the Wal-Mart Foundation, contributions from civic-minded donors and the effort of tireless volunteers, the City of Rogers purchased the Victory Theater with an agreement that it would serve as the long-term home of the Arkansas Public Theatre.
For the past thirty years we have been a community-based organization that believes in the performing arts as an essential part of a healthy community and economy. We began as a small theatre group putting on plays wherever our productions were welcome. Now, as our name proudly states, we are Arkansas Public Theatre at The Victory in historic downtown Rogers. Each of the 32 previous seasons shaped the organization into one that presents Broadway-caliber productions with volunteer actors, directors, designers and technicians from our vibrant region. We’re thankful to our season members, donors and partners, and ticket holders. Your continual support is vital to the existence of APT. Our future promises greater community development and initiatives, while maintaining our productions’ relevancy in keeping our community alive and inspired. APT is a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization.
Board of Directors
- Jeff Dunn, Chair, Evolution Outdoor Design
- Ron Hayes, Previous Chair, Walmart Stores, Inc.
- Shey Bland, Secretary, Main Street Rogers
- Joe March, Treasurer, New Creature Holdings, Inc.
- Jim LeFevre, Facilities Chair, Multi-Craft Contractors, Inc.
- Ed McClure, Productions Chair, Matthews, Campbell, Rhoads, McClure & Thompson, P.A.
- Debbie Alsup, Paris Presents
- Payne Brewer, Arvest Bank
- Erin Campbell, JB Hunt Transportation
- Whitney Cooper, eCommerce Lead, Walmart US, Kellogg Company
- David Gay, University of Arkansas
- Samantha Herrera, Mitchell Communications
- Sarah Huntsinger, Shearer’s Foods
- Sean Jackson, Sam’s Club
- Connie Jones, Community Development of Bentonville/Bella Vista
- Alix Keil, Mojo Marketing
- Michelle Norris, Church & Dwight
- Melanie Patrick, Color Cosmetics
- Ron Sasine, Hudson Windsor
- Katie Schifano, Sam’s Club
- Brock Showalter, Attorney at Law
- DeAnne Witherspoon, Community Volunteer
Board of Producers
- Diane Carnahan
- Patrick Edmunds
- Matt Etris
- Joseph Farmer
- Erin Ford
- Sean Franklin
- Rachel Hobby
- Kevin Lancaster
- Andria Lickfelt
- Randall Lothes
- Jenn McClory
- Ed McClure, Productions Chair
- Kathy McClure
- Brenda Nemec
- Jason Nemec
- Jim Olmstead
- Rob Swearingen
- Jenella Young